Child Custody Arrangement Modifications
The Importance of Working with Child Custody Lawyers Rockville MD Respects
Though a court may have already ruled as to child custody arrangements between you and your child’s other parent, you may wish to request a change in that arrangement with one of the child custody lawyers that Rockville MD offers. At the Law Office of Daniel J. Wright may be able to petition the court on your behalf to make the necessary changes. Daniel J. Wright has helped many families in our community since establishing his firm more than 35 years ago.
You may have any number of reasons why you believe the current child custody arrangement is unfair or detrimental to the health and safety of your child. Give us a call today to request a free consultation with a child custody lawyer who can review your case. After your consultation, you may have the information you need to make informed decisions moving forward.
Petitioning the Court
When you and your child custody lawyers in Rockville MD petition the court for a change in the child custody arrangement, you must explain why you want the change. You must also show proof or documentation to bolster your reasoning. Generally speaking, the court goes on the assumption that it made the child custody ruling in your case based on the information it had at the time, and that they made the best ruling possible under the circumstances. Therefore, you and your child custody lawyer will likely have to present information and documentation that the circumstances have changed. For example:
1. The circumstances of your child’s situation has changed in some important way.
2. In addition, that change negatively affects the safety and/or health of your child and in some major way.
3. You have proof that this situation has developed since the time the court made the last ruling on your child’s custody arrangement.
Common Reasons for Requesting a Change of a Child Custody Arrangement
Every situation is different, and your unique circumstances may cause you to want to change the child custody arrangement. The below list is not inclusive of every possibility, so it’s important to talk to a child custody lawyer from our firm to see if we may be of assistance. However, here are some of the most common reasons why a parent may wish to petition the court to change the existing child custody arrangement:
· One parent who has some degree of physical custody of the child surrenders physical custody in part or in whole.
· One parent’s financial situation dramatically changes, such as they lose their job or receive a substantial rise in income.
· One parent has turned the child against the other child in dramatic and demonstrable ways.
· One parent moves with the child a substantial distance away and refuses to allow the other parent to visit with the child.
· One parent is drug or alcohol addicted and as a result has created an unsafe environment for the child.
· One parent is or has physically, sexually, or emotionally abused the child, or an associate of the parent is guilty of harming the child in any of these ways. Child custody lawyers in Rockville MD may be able to assist you with establishing proof.
Contact Child Custody Lawyers Rockville MD Relies On for Legal Assistance
If you are considering petitioning the court to change the existing child custody arrangement, call our office today. When you contact us, request a free consultation with a child custody lawyer from the Law Office of Daniel J. Wright and learn how we may be able to help you and your child.