The Law Office of Daniel J. Wright believes that community focused leadership can help develop a better tomorrow. As a defense and family law, law firm we have dedicated our lives to helping those in need fight for their inalienable rights, helping lead or community to a more just future. At our firm, we want to help a student with a similar passion for community leadership achieve his or her educational goals.
Therefore, our law firm is offering a $1000 scholarship to help a student who exemplifies strong leadership within their community. A community is not limited to just a hometown or where the applicants live; it can be their town, their school, a club, or any other community they help to improve and build up.
- This scholarship is open to any student who is currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, graduate, or professional program in the United States. This includes accredited community college students as well as high school seniors and students who possess a GED who have been accepted to or are enrolled in an accredited program.
- Illustrated via their essay response, the applicant must be dedicated exemplify strong leadership within their chosen community.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above.
Essay Prompt & Questions
Respond to the following in an essay of 1,000 words or less:
- Describe the situation that catalyzed your role as a community leader.
- Since this time, what have you done to lead that community toward a stronger and better future?
- In what ways will your education help you continue to serve as strong community leader?
- Updated resume
- Essay, 1,000 word maximum. See essay questions above.
- Current unofficial transcript
Submission Deadline: Oct. 1, 2018
All application materials must be submitted by this date
Award Announcement: November 2018
Scholarship Amount: $1000
Scholarship applicants must submit all application materials (see above) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org