You are in the unenviable position of being charged with a crime, and now what? How do you know where to turn for legal help? Who can you trust? Not all criminal defense lawyers in Rockville MD are equal. Daniel J. Wright of the Law Office of Daniel J. Wright has successfully defended community members for more than 35 years. If you are in need of a Rockville MD criminal defense lawyer with experience and a thorough understanding of the law, call our office and receive an initial consultation.
Turning to Criminal Defense Lawyers Rockville MD Offers
Statistically speaking, you are better served if you are represented by an attorney rather than yourself, especially if you are facing the possibility of a prison sentence. In part, this is because each case is unique, and the circumstances are never the same. However, an experienced criminal lawyer can guide you through the maze of the court system and dealing with the prosecutors, the judge, the jury, and other factors in your case.
As an experienced Rockville MD criminal defense lawyer, Daniel J. Wright can develop the legal strategy you need and which offers you the best chance for a successful outcome. Is your future worth the gamble of using a public defender to represent you?
How can a Rockville MD criminal defense lawyer help me?
As an experienced criminal defense attorney, Daniel J. Wright is familiar with the various factors that may have an effect on your case and how to defend against them. Taking a proactive approach is critical, and can only be done by those who are experienced with the criminal justice system.
Criminal defense lawyers Rockville MD community members here are tasked with many objectives. Depending on the nature of your case, that may include any of the following:
- Collecting information from witnesses and the crime scene. Considering the physical evidence is also important, and your defense attorney will have access to that which the prosecution has collected.
- A criminal defense lawyer is familiar with the way certain prosecutors settle cases and how to appeal to that particular prosecutor. Along those same lines, Daniel J. Wright is experienced in negotiating plea bargains or ‘deals’ in exchange for a lesser sentence or reduced charges.
- Daniel J. Wright can provide you with a realistic perspective of what may happen if your case goes to trial. This is important because a more objective point of view can help you make an informed decision about whether or not to accept a plea offer.
- If necessary, we can employ private investigators to validate or contradict a prosecution’s witness or physical evidence prior to going to trial.
Very few people choose to represent themselves when charged with a criminal offense, even lawyers who find themselves in court. Public defenders are often overworked, underpaid, and lacking in the experience needed to build a strong defense case. Because of the possible dire consequences of a guilty verdict, including jail time, fines, etc., it is desirable to hire a Rockville MD criminal defense lawyer to represent you such as Daniel J. Wright. He has the experience and resources available to best represent you and protect your rights.
Are you looking for criminal defense lawyers Rockville MD residents trust?
If you find yourself facing criminal charges and/or were recently arrested for a serious crime, you may require a seasoned criminal defense lawyer to defend you who is educated on the justice system, and who also knows how to make the justice system work for your benefit and for your particular case. Look to Daniel Wright Law for the high-quality criminal defense lawyers Rockville MD has to offer.
Daniel Wright has over 35 years of advocacy through criminal defense for a vast array of cases and clients in both Montgomery County and Rockville County. He focuses on protecting rights, preserving freedoms, and brightening futures. His quality of court representation, preliminary hearing representation, and representation for parole, probation, and expungement issues is of high caliber nature.
At Daniel Wright Law, our criminal defense attorneys pride themselves with excelling at prosecution negotiations with the goal of reducing or dismissing charges. If litigation is a requirement for your case, you can have confidence that the kind of criminal defense lawyers Rockville MD citizens deserve can be found at the Law Office of Daniel J. Wright as our legal professionals have proven skills in the industry.
Years of Maryland Criminal Court Experience
After a criminal arrest, many people are looking for high caliber criminal defense lawyers Rockville MD citizens are proud to have representing them, and are seeking the most ideal legal solution that protects your innocence against a vast array of criminal charges and offenses, such as:
- Sex crimes;
- Online crimes;
- Felony drugs;
- Robbery crimes;
- Violent crimes, such as assault;
- White collar crimes; and
- Juvenile crimes.
Rockville criminal defense lawyers assist clients with misdemeanor offenses, as well. Even if this is your first encounter with criminal charges, we are confident in our experience that we can handle your case with the goal of helping deter you from hefty punishments and avoid damage to your record as much as possible, so you can ultimately move forward and put this situation behind you.
The prosecutor has to prove to a jury that you are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Your lawyer gets the chance to offer a defense for the crime you are accused of committing. There are many criminal defenses that are commonly used. The first one is — “You did not do it”.
This is probably the most common defense. You may argue that you did not commit the crime at all or that someone else had to have done it. If your attorney uses this defense, they may state that the witnesses’ interpretation of that happened is false or that the ingredients necessary to prove your guilt without a reasonable doubt are not present.
- Presumed Innocent — Anyone charged with a crime is presumed innocent by law until they are convicted, either by pleading guilty or through the trial process. It is the duty of the prosecutor to persuade the jury that you are guilty. You do not need to take the stand, nor does your lawyer have to call any witnesses. However, most defense attorneys will have their own witnesses to help strengthen your not guilty plea. Because the burden of proof lies with the prosecutor, the jury (and sometimes the judge) have to feel comfortably certain – not just ‘think’ that you are guilty of the crime.
- Alibi — Were you somewhere else when the crime was committed and can you prove it? A friend’s testimony, a movie ticket stub, credit card receipts all stating you were not able to be where they accusing you of being at the time of the crime.
Okay, maybe you did do the crime, but you have a reason. Here are a few defenses that are commonly used:
- Self-Defense — If you are charged with murder, assault or battery this is a common defense. You were justified in using violence because the other person was threatening to harm you. Your attorney will need to prove that the other party was the aggressor and that it was necessary for you to use violence in self-defense. In addition, was the extent of violence that you used considered reasonable for the presumed threat you were experiencing?
- Insanity — This is a very difficult defense to prove as it is subjective to testimonies of experts. Even if you are found innocent because of insanity, you may be committed to a mental institution.
- Under the influence of drugs and alcohol — The general thought here is that you should be aware how alcohol and drugs affect you and this is not an excuse for your behavior. It may, however, in some states, be part of your defense as intent may not be able to be proved.
- Entrapment — This is hard to prove and an extremely difficult defense. Law enforcement officials offer situations for you to commit crimes that are not considered entrapment.
A criminal defense attorney can help you understand the law as it pertains to the crime you are accused of committing. Contact an experienced lawyer to help you wade through the confusing and sometimes overwhelming legal system.
Contact the Law Office of Daniel Wright to Find a Criminal Defense Advocate You Trust
The United States legal system is often complex and can be unfair in many cases, which is why it is crucial to find trustworthy criminal defense lawyers in Rockville MD that you know will be able to handle your legal needs while also being able to protect your rights and keep your best interest at heart always.
Daniel J. Wright holds a sincere passion for law and believes in going above and beyond in the fight for his clients’ rights at each and every stage of their unique case. Whether you are in Montgomery County, Rockville, or even throughout Washington D.C. or Maryland, and you are seeking a broad array of legal services carried out with compassion, precision, and power, contact us for your free consultation.
Criminal Defense Lawyers Rockville MD Residents Choose First
The type of experienced criminal defense lawyers Rockville MD residents should look for can be discussed in your free consultation with Attorney Wright today, so please contact us by phone or fill out our online form.