Business Lawyer Rockville MD
Common Laws to Know if You Own a Business
As a business lawyer Rockville MD clients trust can explain, there are various legal implications that need to be understood when you plan on running a business. Business law requires that you put regulations in place to promote the successful function of your business regarding: bankruptcy, taxes, employment, sales, and operations. At the Law Office of Daniel J. Wright, we have more than 35 years of experience helping business owners with their legal matters.
A business lawyer Rockville MD CEOs call knows that you must abide by all business laws that apply to your enterprise.Hiring a Rockville MD business lawyer can help you become aware of these laws and avoid any legal troubles that could occur if you were unaware. The following is a short list of common laws that apply to most businesses, but be sure to familiarize yourself with laws that apply to your particular business and your region.
1. Privacy laws afford and protect confidentiality of customers by securing private information that the business might collect through their security plans.
2. A company’s claims must be honest and truthful according to marketing and advertising law. Their marketing strategies must abide by “truth in advertising.”
3. An employer is required under employment and labor law to provide fair working standards for their employees. Fair minimum wages, overtime rules and wages, policies against child labor, and management of employee records are all included.
4. Ideas, designs, trademarks, and patents your business has developed are protected under intellectual property law. This prevents theft from competing enterprises using them as their own to profit from. Your business law attorney will ensure that you complete all the necessary paperwork to secure your ideas.
5. Finance law obviously refers to all financial aspects of your business’s affairs. Should you run into a situation where you must file for bankruptcy, finance laws protect your investors, customers, and you, the business owner.
6. Similar to employment and labor law, workplace safety and health law protects employees from an unsafe and hazardous work environment. This is vital in ensuring the success of your business.
7. The prevalence of internet marketplace usage as led to online business law which regulates business transactions online between a company and customer. A knowledgeable business lawyer Rockville MD business owners depend on can attest to the impact of online profit and can explain the differences that distinguish online business law.
Business and Corporate Law
As the owner or senior officer of a company, you may require the services of a business lawyer Rockville MD professionals rely on for quality legal representation. The Law Office of Daniel J. Wright serves clients in the following areas:
- Litigation of contract, business, personal liability, construction, pension, and securities disputes.
- Partner and stockholder relations.
- Legal advice for startup structure, corporate formation, intellectual property, and employment.
- Recapitalization and growth concerns.
- Best practices matters.
- Documentation and negotiation of business or commercial financing.
- Formation of non-compete agreements, employment agreements, and separation agreements.
- Formation of sales agreements, acquisitions, licenses, and leases.
When necessary, Daniel J. Wright is a business lawyer in Rockville MD who may represent yourself or company in courtroom litigation proceedings. Owing to Daniel J. Wright’s ability to successfully negotiate agreements and disputes, settlements are often possible and preferred over lawsuits. He is a business lawyer Rockville MD firms appreciate for his cost-conscious approach to solving disputes and other legal issues. In addition to having been a member of the Maryland State Bar Association for more than 20 years, and the District of Columbia Bar for more than 35 years, he holds admission to the following courts:
- Supreme Court of the united States (more than 30 years)
- United States District Courts for Maryland and District of Columbia (more than 35 years)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the District of Columbia
As a long term and successful business lawyer Rockville MD company owners rely on, Daniel J. Wright’s wealth of experience can be of tremendous benefit to his clients. In addition to being able to resolve issues, he advises clients on how best to avoid them, saving tremendous angst and costs into the future. The Law Office of Daniel J. Wright intentionally keeps our caseload manageable so that we can best serve the needs of the business community. In this way we provide high-quality legal services and focus that each of our clients deserves.
Let a Business Lawyer Rockville MD Locals Recommend Help
Whether or business is new or established, a corporation, enterprise company, or a boutique firm, Daniel J. Wright has the experience, knowledge, and dedication to help protect your interests.
This area of the law is complicated and may be confusing to navigate on your own at times. Many laws apply to the function of businesses and it could be overwhelming to decide how to abide if you aren’t a business law attorney. However, you must abide regardless of accidental breach.
Hire a business lawyer in Rockville MD to be sure you are complying with the necessary laws and avoid fines and jail time by taking their knowledgeable advice. Daniel J. Wright combines his passion for the law with a firm belief in fighting hard for his clients at every stage of every case. Protect your assets, your company and your long-term financial and business interests. Contact the Law Office of Daniel J. Wright for any business or civil matter. If you are looking to start a business or have questions about keeping up to code, call a business lawyer Rockville MD provides at 301-655-8130 for a free consultation.